15 April, 2011

File not found: VBA6.DLL in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9 Visual Basic Editor

Today I started a new project that had a requirement to create a new form in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9 to track additional item attributes.

On a clean install of Windows 7 32-bit, Office 2010, and Microsoft Dynamics GP 9, I received the file not found VBA6.dll error as soon as I'd made my first VBA modification:


I tried a few fixes including downloading and registering a new copy of the VBA6.DLL, but the error persisted.

Then I found a post by Beth Gardner describing the same problem. The resolution involved both a registry edit and the deletion of several files from the Dynamics GP folder.

The solution worked perfectly for me and I expect to see this problem more in the future as it seems to be related directly to an install of Office 2010.

I could not replicate the problem on a clean install of Windows Server 2008 R2 on which I had not installed Office 2010.


3 comments:

Steve Endow said...

Hi Michael,

I have had the same issue several times with Office 2010, and the new patches that Beth references in her updated blog posts resolved the issue for me. It is definitely an Office 2010 issue.

http://dynamicsgpland.blogspot.com/2010/12/vba6dll-file-not-found-error-with.html

Thanks,

Steve Endow
Dynamics GP Certified Trainer
Dynamics GP Certified Professional

mbsguru said...

Thanks for the feedback Steve.

Note that Bryan Prince posted this article. He is another contributor to MBS Guru.

mmm777aaa said...

I Have the problem with Office97. I had the same problem when I reinstalled Office years ago. I think it is corrected by adding the patches #1 and #2. I am going to try it tomorrow.